Friday, June 11, 2010

Strawberries and tomatos




OK...so I fell for an infomercial! The girls and I planted 2 topsy turvy (upside down) tomato hangers and a strawberry hanger. We have already had great success with the strawberries. The girls have picked at least 10. I did plant a variety of early, mid and late bloomers so hopefully we will get more. I planted 3 tomato plants in each hanger with different varieties, as well. They have grown so much since I took this photo and there are LOTS of blooms and few green tomatoes. The girls have had great fun in helping plant, water and watch the plants grow. We did have some help from Grandpa Sharpe to make us some sturdy wood hanging posts. They are much heavier than what I expected and my little Shepard's hook that I planned to hang them on was not going to do the job. I still need to stain the wood.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: